Rare Scottish example of the work of William Burges, 1882, for the Marquess of Bute, and the first ecclesiastical building in Scotland to be lit by electricity. Lush feast of painted surfaces, rich furniture, glorious stained glass and an altarpiece by J F Bentley and N J Westlake.
Sunday 11.00 am
Open by arrangement
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.