St James's Parish Church, Pollok, Glasgow
Address: 183 Meiklerig Crescent, Glasgow, G53 5NA
Local Authority: Glasgow
This was the first church designed by H E Clifford and was built 1893-1895 as Pollokshields Titwood Church in Glencairn Drive, Pollokshields, Glasgow. The church was dismantled by Thomson, McCrea and Sanders and moved to Meikelrig Crescent in Pollok between 1951 and 1953 and renamed St James’ (Pollok) Parish Church. The congregation worshipped in a school hall and then in a wooden hut until the building was completed. The church is Gothic in style, roughly cruciform in plan, with tall windows. Good stained glass. Within the sanctuary there is a storytelling centre ‘The Village’ which provides programmes of events for the community.
Open by arrangement
Contact St James's Parish Church.
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.