The original church which now forms the nave was designed by H Seymour of Seymour & Kinross 1882. The chancel, vestries, tower and bell were added by H O Tarbolton 1899. Excellent stained glass, including one light by Shrigley & Hunt of Lancaster and four magnificent lights by C E Kempe. Rood screen designed by Tarbolton and carved by T Good; communion rails also designed by Tarbolton and carved by Scott Morton & Co. Reredos designed and executed by Mrs Meredith-Williams 1921.
Sundays: 8.00am and 10.15am; first Sundays of the month, Choral Evensong 6.30pm
Open by arrangement
Contact St James's Episcopal Church.
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.