The tall, pinnacled tower and spire of St James’s can be seen from miles around. Designed by William Hay in 1842, the church has a nave and chancel with the tower and spire at the west end. The font is from the chantry chapel, built after the battle between the Scots and the Danes in 1012.
Sunday 9.30am Eucharist
Open daily 10.00am to dusk
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.