Built as a Free Church in 1844 by William McGowan, and remodelled in 1893 by James Halliday who added the Italianate front of red sandstone. Almost square interior with north and south aisles marked off by superimposed Corinthian columns. Compartmented and coved main ceiling.
Sunday: 11.00am, additionally July and August 9.30am (Family Service)
Open by arrangement
Contact St George's.
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.