Church of 1961 to replace 1843 building destroyed by fire in 1955. Hall church with dramatic stone entrance façade by architect A R Conlin. Twelve-foot statue of St Francis by Maxwell Allan. Statues of the Four Evangelists by Miss E Dempster at the foot of tapered ribs separating five inverted triangular windows. Stations of the Cross on laminated glass panels by Felix McCullough, mosaics by Casa Group, painting of St John the Baptist by Peter Brady.
St Francis Xavier Church is a Destination Hub on the St Mungo Pilgrim Journey.
Sunday 10.00am, 12.00 noon, 1.30pm
Polish Mass: 7.00pm
Saturday 10.00am; and Vigil Mass 10.30pm
Contact St Francis Xavier.
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.