Dedicated in 1908, this is the fourth building of the congregation of Ardrossan parish. Designed by Peter MacGregor Chalmers in neo-Romanesque style with a tower. The chancel displays a marble reredos of the Last Supper. Sixteen stained glass windows on the Life of Christ by William Wilson 1947; two windows by Gordon Webster 1976. Model of a French frigate of 1804, by sailor William Dunlop, hangs in the church. He made it as a thanksgiving for his surviving the Napoleonic Wars when a cannonball narrowly missed his hammock.
Sunday: 10.45 am
Open by arrangement
Contact St Cuthbert's Parish Church.
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.