In the gentle parkland of ruined Poltalloch House (William Burn 1849), St Columba’s was conceived as a private Chapel but built as a church with congregation and incumbent. Built 1852 to a design by William Cundy of London in Early English style with leafy carvings and pointed arches. Complete set of stained glass by William Wailes. Organ by Gray & Davison 1855 not functioning. Two Whitechapel Foundry bells.
1st Sunday of the month: 9am Sung Holy Communion. 3rd Sunday of the month: 6pm Sung Evensong (SPB). November- March 3pm.
The Church is open daily to visitors.
Contact St Columba's.
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.