St Columba's, Longhope
Denomination: Church of Scotland
Address: Longhope, KW16 3PA
Local Authority: Orkney
Built 1832 with windows on the south wall and the pulpit in the middle of the wall. Pews and gallery on three sides of pulpit. Communion table of carved oak by local tradesmen, gifted by Guild, 1924. Sandstone font sculpted by local mason to a design by W R Lethaby, architect of Melsetter House. Panels above vestry from the Spanish Armada.
Open daily (entry through vestry door)
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.