Designed by James Milne of Edinburgh and built 1828 with interior and apse of 1895 by John M Aitken, the church is recognised as a fine example of neo-classical architecture in the north of Scotland. Splendid horse-shoe gallery. Organ by Bryceson Bros of London 1871, one of the earliest in the Church of Scotland. Stained glass window depicting the figure of Jesus by Danish sculptor Thorvaldsen. Extensive refurbishment in 2008.
Open by arrangement
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.