Built 1902-3 as St James United Free, united 1957 as St Columba. Designed by William Leiper in Decorated Gothic Revival style with Franco-Scottish tower with saddle-back roof. Bell by Taylor of Loughborough. Many stained glass windows, carved stone font, carved oak choir stalls and pulpit and War Memorial panels are all of note. Halls added 1968-9 by Beveridge and Dallachy Architects.
Sunday: 11 am
Wednesdays: 10.30 am in large hall
Open by arrangement
Contact St Columba's.
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.