By Gillespie, Kidd & Coia, completed in 1941, the year of the Clydebank and Govan blitz. The cost was met by the families of the area, each of whom paid 6d per brick. Italian Romanesque style with an imposing west front. Sculpture of the Paschal Lamb over central door. Painted panels of the Stations of the Cross by Hugh Adam Crawford, from the Catholic Pavilion at the Glasgow Empire Exhibition 1938. In the sanctuary a marble reredos with a carved crucifix by Benno Schotz.
Saturday Vigil Mass 4.30pm; Sunday Mass 11.00am and 5.00pm
Open by arrangement
St Columba's Church, Woodside, Glasgow
St Columba of Iona RC Church, Woodside, Glasgow
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.