Built between 1932 and 1958, St Columba’s Cathedral is the principal church of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Argyll and the Isles. Designed by Giles Gilbert Scott in the neo-Gothic style, of highly distinctive, lofty, pink granite. The tower soars above the Esplanade. High timber reredos with intricate Gothic fretwork, designed by Scott and carved by Donald Gilbert.
St Columba’s Cathedral is a Destination Hub on the St Andrew Pilgrim Journey and the St Columba Pilgrim Journey.
Saturday, Vigil Mass 6.00pm; Sunday, Mass 10.30am
Contact St Columba's Cathedral.
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.