Built in 1772, recast 1849 and renovated in 1899 by Robert Lorimer. Organ screen and chancel by Lorimer. Exceptional stained glass, including windows by Louis Davis and Douglas Strachan. Grade 1 listed Norman and Beard pipe organ 1908. Covenanter Martyr’s grave. Kennedy vault 1620. Christian presence from c600 AD when St Colmon of Ella built his cell.
List of keyholders in side porch
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.