Hall church with semi-octagonal gallery, built 1800-03 by George Burn, ‘urbane, but isolated in its churchyard’. Four large Gothic windows on the south side, classical pediment on the north side topped with octagonal tower and spire. Interior altered 1875 by William C Joass, Jacobean-style pulpit with sounding board. Stained glass by James Steel & Co and Abbey Studio.
Sunday: 11.30 am September-May, 9.15 (in hall) June, July, August.
Open by arrangement
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.