St Charles', Paisley
Address: 5 Union Street, Paisley, PA2 6DU
Local Authority: Renfrewshire
The Parish of St Charles was established in 1897 and had three churches, the present occupying the site of the original. Designed by J G Quigley, 1986, it forms a courtyard enclosure with the hall and presbytery. Predominantly top-lit, it has a bright and spacious interior. The altar was built from the altar used by Pope John Paul II at Bellahouston.
Saturday Vigil 5.00pm; Sunday 10.30am, 12.00 noon, 5.30pm; weekday: 10.00am
Open daily 9.00am-11.00am
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.