St Callan's, Rogart
Denomination: Church of Scotland
Address: Rogart, IV28 3XE
Local Authority: Highland
Rebuilt in 1777 on the site of a medieval church. The austere whitewashed exterior with its plain sash windows gives little hint of the warm, gleaming interior. A high canopied pulpit stands against the east wall. Long communion table and pews. Other pews are tiered from the entrance to the west end. Two small stained glass memorial windows on either side of the pulpit: ‘Nativity’ and ‘Penitence’ by Margaret Chilton and Marjorie Kemp 1929. Modern vestry wing built in 1984.
September-June 12.15pm on 2nd and 4th Sundays of month; July and August check locally or telephone
Open daily Easter to end-October, other times by arrangement
Contact St Callan's.
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.