St Bride’s, West Gerinish, was opened in 1966. It is a simple rectangular building with the altar at the east. It was built using local labour.
The church and the local comuunity is dominated by the 30-foot high statue of Our Lady of the Isles, carved in granite by Hew Lorimer and erected in 1958 so that it would ‘stand in contradiction’ to the rocket range whose radar installation occupies the top of Rueval Hill.
Sunday: Vigil Mass 7.30pm
Open at all times
Contact St Bride's.
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.