The church was built in 1781 to replace an earlier medieval building of the which the tower and chancel are nearby, with additions such as enclosing the staircase in the late 19th century. On display are the pipe banner and side drums of the Cameronian Regiment. The pipe organ was installed in 1930 and the stained glass windows around 1934. Good car parking and facilities at adjacent St. Brides Centre which also has accessible toilets and a cafe on weekdays.
Regular Sunday worship is held at Douglas: St. Bride’s at 10am.
Open by arrangement
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.