Built 1844 as the Free Church, originally square with an earth floor. Wooden floor and seating added later in 19th century. Became United Free Church in 1900 and St Modan’s Church of Scotland in 1929 and St Boswells Parish Church in 1952 when the old church at Benrig was abandoned. Substantially renovated and chancel added 1957-9. Pipe organ. Stained glass in chancel by McLundie and in East gable by Liz Rowley.
On the 5th Sunday of the month a united service takes place at 10.30am in one of the linked churches
Open daily from 10am to 4pm
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.