St Blane's Church, Dunblane
Denomination: Church of Scotland
OS Reference: NN783013
Address: High Street, Dunblane, FK15 0ER
Local Authority: Stirling
Open 1854 as the Free Church which through unions became East United Free Church and East Church of Scotland. United with the former Leighton Church in 1952 to become St Blane’s Church. Stained glass includes windows from Leighton Church, other windows by Roland Mitton. Interesting tapestries in vestibule including a reproduction of ‘The Light of the World’ by Holman Hunt. Pipe organ 1860 by Peter Conacher, perhaps the earliest example of his work in Scotland.
Sundays: 10.00am and 6.30pm.
Open by arrangement.
Contact St Blane's Church, Dunblane.
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.