Dedicated to St Barr and situated by the old natural harbour. The building presents a very pleasing aspect to the eye with six tall lancet windows on each side, and a large triple lancet window in the south gable. It was designed by G Woulfe Brenan in 1906, with the commodious porch and vestry added 1919. Small bellcote on porch.
The church has a peaceful atmosphere and the coloured glass windows create a serene sense of the sacred. Visitors are welcome to spend time here in prayer.
Sunday 9.30 am
Contact St Barr's.
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.