St Ann's, Papa Westray
Address: Papa Westray, KW17 2BU
Local Authority: Orkney
Built in 1841, this was the first kirk in Scotland to be given to the Free Church by the proprietor. Rectangular building with rubble masonry walls and harled exterior. Restoration 2001 by Orkney Islands Council, Health Board and congregation, St Ann’s is now home to the island’s surgery, a small flat and community facilities. Several beautiful locally made felt hangings.
Sunday 2.00 pm
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.