Built in 1818 on the site of a 16th-century building, St Anne’s is a small country church with a bright interior. The designer was probably John Stewart, although the church has been much altered since. Dates on the bell (which is still in use) and belfry suggest that they came from the earlier church. The chancel has carved screens which were originally in Dunkeld Cathedral. The organ was moved from Dunkeld Cathedral in 1909. One of the Memorials is to John Robb, a minister of the parish who perished in the shipwreck in which Grace Darling became a national heroine.
Sunday: 2.00pm, on the 2nd, 4th and 5th Sundays of the month
Open by arrangement
Contact St Anne's.
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.