St Andrew's, Uddingston
Denomination: Scottish Episcopal
Address: 4 Bothwell Road, Uddingston, G71 7ET
Local Authority: South Lanarkshire
Built 1890, architect Miles Septimus Gibson, the foundation stone laid by Lady Mary Alice Douglas Home, aunt of the later Prime Minister Sir Alec Douglas Home. After a fire in 1993 the chancel was restored by Alex Braidwood of Blantyre.
Stained glass by J T & C E Stewart of Glasgow and Peter Berry of Malmesbury. The Blackett & Howden pipe organ, damaged in the fire, has been partially restored and has been granted a Class 2 Grade as an Historic Organ. Painting of Bothwell Castle by architect and local historian J Jeffrey Waddell.
Open by arrangement
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.