How Christianity came to West Linton is not known but St Mungo is known to have been in the district in the 6th century. In a charter of c1160, Richard Comyn conveyed the church and adjacent land to the Abbey of Kelso. The stone font is a relic of the pre-Reformation Church. The present church, which stands on an elevated site, dates from 1781 and was extensively remodelled in 1871 when the spire was added. The late 19th century carvings of the pulpit, Communion Table, and the front of the gallery are the work of Miss Jane Fergusson of Spittalhaugh and Mrs Woodrop of Garvald. The large stained glass windows commemorate the ministries of the Forresters and Fergussons, while two smaller windows are war memorials.
Sunday 11.15 am.
Daily, 9.45 am to 4.00 pm.
Contact St Andrew's Parish Church.
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.