The Earl of Sutherland’s chapel, recorded in 13th century, became the parish church in 1619. The present cruciform building was constructed 1736-37, extended in 1751 with only minor changes since. Superb carved pulpit and earl’s loft, 1737-39, by Kenneth Sutherland, the joiner at Dunrobin. Replica pews by George Hay, 1953. Described by John Gifford in the Pevsner Buildings of Scotland as ‘the epitome of the Georgian parish kirk’.
Sunday: 11.00 am all year except last Sunday of the month April-September when service is in Fountain Road Hall
Open by arrangement
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.