The original church was replaced by the present building in 1799 to designs by Henry Bell (of the steamship ‘Comet’ fame). The tower of the old church has been retained as a monument in its original site in the old graveyard at the bottom of the town. Alterations and additions 1890 and 1912. Within the church are an organ made by H Willis and Sons and installed in 1903, stained glass windows including one made by Gordon McWhirter Webster 1932 and a pulpit fall and companion communion table runner by Marilyn E W McGregor DA 1999. Memorial garden ‘Garden of Hope’ 2001.
Open by arrangement
Contact St Andrew's Parish Church.
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.