Impressive church in Early English style by John Starforth 1884, with a central tower flanked by bowed stair towers. Richly carved entrance leads to a wide interior with galleries on slender iron columns. Profusion of stained glass including rose window above the pulpit by Starforth. Other windows by James Ballantine & Son, Ballantine & Gardiner, and William Meikle & Sons. Pipe organ by Eustace Ingram 1894.
Open June to September, 10.30am-12.30pm and 2.00-4.00pm
Contact St Andrew's.
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.