A small yet beautiful church by C E Howse, dedicated in 1904. The altar screen attractively separates the nave and sanctuary. A mural behind the altar depicts the ‘Visitation of the Shepherds’, painted in the style of Phoebe Traquair by William Blacklock of Edinburgh. Two stained glass windows either side of the sanctuary, in memory of Capt R M B Welsh, depict St George and the Dragon. A window in the nave, in memory of Mrs F Ballantyne, illustrates the hymn ‘all things bright and beautiful’, with local scenery, flora, animals and birds.
Open Thursdays by arrangement
Contact St Andrew's.
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.