Late Gothic-style church (originally the South United Free Church) with a 60-ft tower by Patrick Thoms 1903. It replaced an earlier church (the South Free Church) built in 1843 for those who left the South Church (across the road) at the ‘Disruption’.
In the grounds are the headstones of the Rev Daniel Cormick, first minister of the South Free Church and of the Rev A Duff, minister of the South Church.
Open daily 9.00am-5.00pm
Contact St Andrew's Church.
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.