One of the first new cathedrals completed in Great Britain after the Reformation, designed by local architect Alexander Ross, 1869. In Decorated Gothic style, the building has glorious details including polished granite pillars, encaustic tiles and fine furnishings. Angel font after Thorvaldsen. Stained glass by John Hardman. Founder’s memorial, icons presented by Tsar of Russia. Peal of bells. Fine choir. Library of hope.
Open daily 8.00am-5.30pm (later in summer)
Contact St Andrew's Cathedral.
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.