Denomination: Church of Scotland
OS Reference: NT757353
Address: , Sprouston , TD5 8HJ
Local Authority: Scottish Borders
There has been a church in Sprouston since the 17th century. The present building was built in 1781, though the bellcote bears the date 1703 and a 12th-century piscina is built into the chancel. The Minister in 1911 won first and third prize out of 36,000 entries in the Daily Mail National Sweet Pea Competition, enabling the new chancel to be built with the £1500 prize money. Douglas Strachan window of ‘The Fall of Lucifer’. Pulpit falls of sweet peas embroidered by Mrs Doreen West.
Sunday: 9.30 am
Open by arrangement
(toilets 100 metres)
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.