A little T-plan harled kirk of 1790 and 1809, incorporating the 17th century Hay aisle. The old jougs are hung outside the east door, dating from the 17th century when witch burning was recorded in the church records. Simple box pews and an elaborate pulpit with Corinthian columns supporting the sounding board.
Contact Spott Parish Church.
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.