South Knapdale Parish Church, Achahoish
Denomination: Church of Scotland
Address: Achahoish, PA31 8PD
Local Authority: Argyll & Bute
Parish of South Knapdale was formed in 1734 and churches were built at Achahoish and Inverneill (now a ruin). The church at Achahoish was completed 1775, rectangular in plan with a square castellated tower added in the 19th century. Ancient font basin from St Columba’s Cave.
Sunday: April to September 9.45am, October to March 12.30pm
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.