Sorn Parish Church
Address: Main Street , Sorn , KA5 6HR
Local Authority: East Ayrshire
A handsome building standing proudly in its kirkyard, originally built in 1658 and reconstructed in 1826. Improvements made in 1910 by H E Clifford. Outside stairs to three galleries. Jougs on the west wall. East wall memorial to George Wood, last covenanter to die 1688.
Sunday: 10.00am except Christmas and New Year
Open by arrangement
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.