The earliest reference to a church in Skirling is in 1275. It was probably situated near to the present war memorial. It is not known when a church was built on the present site. However, records show that the church was virtually rebuilt in 1720. Further significant alterations were made in 1891. The bellcote is of particular interest, as is the sundial on the tower. The floral design of the stained glass east window forms a backdrop to the communion table and matching chairs presented by the artist, Sir D Y Cameron, in 1948.
Round churchyard enclosed by a ha-ha and entered through fine wrought-iron gates by Thomas Hadden. Approached from opposite village green by a steep metalled access road.
Open by arrangement
Contact this church.
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.