Denomination: Church of Scotland
Address: Brecks , Balfour , KW17 2EA
Local Authority: Orkney
Large oblong hall-church with round-headed windows, a bellcote and corner buttresses on the west gable. The church was originally built for the United Presbyterian Church in 1892 and was designed by T S Peace. The interior was refurbished and reordered in 2012.
Winter (October to April) – Sunday at 12.00 noon
Summer (May to September) – Sunday at 11.00am
Open by arrangement
Contact Shapinsay Church
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.