Stone-fronted building designed by Father Richard Vaughan SJ 1860, altered by Archibald Macpherson 1884. Holyrood Madonna of carved wood, probably late 16th century. Stations of the Cross on large canvasses by Peter Rauth 1874. Organ originally constructed by Hamilton of Edinburgh 1874, rebuilt 1907 by Scovell (who also designed the pulpit). A gift of fine oak panelling from St Margaret’s Convent (now Gillis Centre) has enabled the choir loft to be greatly enhanced. Restoration and conservation 2002.
Saturday Vigil 6.30pm; Sunday 7.45am, 10.45am, and 8.00pm; weekdays 7.45am, 12.30pm and 5.45pm
Open daily 7.30am-6.30pm
Contact Sacred Heart Church.
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.