Rosyth Parish Church stands at the heart of Rosyth, built as a Garden City when the Royal Naval Dockyard was developed in the early 1900s. The church was designed in 1930 by Hugh Mottram a pupil of Raymond Unwin the developer of the Garden City concept. The building is reminiscent of Dutch Architecture, with its square tower and steeple finished with a teak belfry, and copper roof crowned by a cross. The nave, 80ft by 40 ft wide is spanned by an open timber roof with a wide arch at the west end which leads to the apse. The later Church Hall extension of 1954 was also designed by Mottram, and the 1968 extension by D White & Associates.
The church is currently closed for a major programme of repairs and refurbishment.
Sunday 10.35 am – currently at St Columba’s Church in Torridon Lane
Parish Church opening again Summer 2015
Currently closed for renovation, reopening summer 2015
Contact Rosyth Parish Church.
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.