The Romanian Orthodox Church in Glasgow meets in the halls of Shettleston Old Parish Church. The church and halls were designed by W F MacGibbon, 1895-1903. The halls echo the main church, being of red sandstone with a buttressed gable to the street and Gothic details. The entrance is marked by an octagonal turret topped by a weather vane in the form of a ship.
Saturday: 18.00-19.00- Vespers
Sunday: 9.30-10.30- Matins and 10.30-12.30- Divine Liturgy
Open by arrangement
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.