This pretty church is situated in the beautiful Borthwick valley. It was built 1863-64 to designs by David Rhind. it is a simple Gothic-style rectangle with porch and vestry at either end. The windows have Y-shaped tracery. The west gable, topped with a gabled bell-cote, has a carving of the Burning Bush.
The communion table and font are of oak.
Four services a year at Easter, Harvest, Remembrance Day and Christmas (see website for details)
Open by arrangement
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.