Built in 1811 to a design by John Brash on the site of earlier 13/14th-century and 17th-century churches. The steeple and pedimented gable command the westward curve of the High Street. Urns perch on the belfry and adorn the gatepiers. The interior was refurbished 1886. Stained glass includes the Queen Margaret window by the Abbey Studio of Glasgow and Ascension window by C E Stewart. Spectacular new millennium window by John Clark 2002. Crusader stone of 11th/12th century now housed in gallery.
Services: 10.00 am or 11.30am alternating with Dumbarton West Kirk (check website)
Open weekdays 9.30am-12.30pm
Contact Riverside Parish Church.
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.