Classical square-plan church with tower and spire standing conspicuously on a hill. Built in 1825 by John Richmond with the chancel added in 1910. Beautiful War Memorial window of 1919 in memory of those of the congregation and parish who gave their lives in the Great War. A former Minister, the Rev Alexander Moodie, mentioned by Burns in ‘The Twa Herds’ and ‘The Holy Fair’, is buried in the churchyard.
Open by arrangement
Contact Riccarton Parish Church.
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.