An ecclesiastical building in use as such. Rhu and Shandon Parish Church, the 3rd to be rebuilt on this site, was designed in 1851 by William Spense. The money for the building of the Church came from Robert Napier of West Shandon and Sir James Colquhoun of Rossdhu. In 1891 Honeyman and Keppie lengthened the nave but preserved Spense’s original front. The Church was further added to in the 1930’s with a vestry to the west and additions to the east. The interior was reorganised from 1903-12. The bell dates from 1851 and was gifted by Robert Napier.
Office is open on Thursdays between 9.00 and 11.00 am. Coffee is served between 10.00 and 11.00.
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.