Built in 1842 as the centre-piece of Thomas Telford’s Argyle Square in the new settlement of Pulteneytown which was commissioned by the British Fisheries Society for the rapidly expanding popluation of Wick. Designed by local architect Davidson, the interior has an all-round gallery. Completely renovated 2004 and, with its suite of halls, has been described as ‘one of the twenty best church centres’ in Scotland.
Sunday: 11.30 am and 6.30 pm
Open by arrangement
Contact Pulteneytown Parish Church.
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.