Built in 1879, Sutherland & Walker, in the Italian Lombardic style. Beautiful stained glass windows designed as a War Memorial by Alexander Strachan, Douglas Hamilton and Mary Wood in 1921. Other features of note are the handsome pulpit and organ gallery and a baptismal font of a kneeling angel with a clamshell, 1881, by John Rhind after original by Thorwaldsen of Denmark. Restoration of masonry and windows 2008.
Sunday 10.30am all year
Open by arrangement
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.