A Telford Parliamentary kirk built 1828 by William Thompson. T-plan with north, east and west galleries. The symmetrical south front has two tall four-centred arched windows and two doorways. Legend has it that one door is used by Portnahaven residents exclusively, the other door by residents of nearby Port Wemyss.
On 1st January 2018 the parishes of Kilchoman, Kilmeny and Portnahaven united to become North & West Islay Church of Scotland.
Contact Portnahaven Parish Church.
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.