Pittenweem Parish Church
Denomination: Church of Scotland
Address: Kirkgate , Pittenweem , KY10 2LF
Local Authority: Fife
This ancient monument has developed over a long time. The earliest work is around 1200. The church was extended in 1532 with an entrance from Cove Wynd and the Tolbooth Tower and Bailies Loft were added in 1588. The interior was refurbished in 1883 in Victorian style with new entrance, galleries and stairs. The bell dates from 1662, while the clock in the tower is a fine example by John Smith. Stained glass by William Wilson and John Blyth of the 1950s and 1960s.
Open weekdays 8.00am-6.00pm
Contact Pittenweem Parish Church.
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.