Penpont, Keir and Tynron Church
Denomination: Church of Scotland
Address: Main Street , Penpont , DG3 4BZ
Local Authority: Dumfries & Galloway
Penpont Parish Church stands in a commanding position on a bank high above the Scaur Water. It was designed by Charles Howitt in 1867 and is built of the local pink sandstone. It is a large cruciform church in the Gothic style with a massive tower and spire in the north-east corner.
The simple wainscot panelling in the chancel and the fine oak communion table with art nouveau ornament are by J G Waddell.
The churchyard has monuments from the 17th-, 18th- and 19th centuries, some very fine.
Open by arrangement
Contact Penpont, Keir and Tynron Church.
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.